Terms and conditions
General terms & conditions and right of revocation
IO HAWK Invest GmbH
Am Schürmannshütt 40f
Geschäftsführer: Sascha Arndt
HRB 12476 Amtsgericht Kleve
Phone: +49 (0) 2841 / 8868505
Fax: +49 (0) 2841 – 88 68 504
- The following terms and conditions apply to all orders concluded by IOHAWK Europe, hereafter named IO Hawk Invest GmbH, Pascalstr. 17, 47506 Neukirchen-Vluyn IO Hawk Invest GmbH and the customer. Customers may be businesses or consumers. A consumer shall mean any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can be primarily attributed neither to a trade nor a profession (§ 13 of the German Civil Code). A business shall mean a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity which, in concluding a legal transaction, is acting in the exercise of its trade or profession (§ 14 of the German Civil Code).
- The product display in the online store does not constitute a legally binding offer; instead it is merely a non-binding online catalogue of the range of products available. By clicking ‘Buy’, the customer makes a legally binding commitment to purchase the goods in the shopping basket. The customer shall receive an order confirmation immediately after the order has been submitted. The sales contract shall only enter into effect upon receipt of our separate order confirmation. The contract is stored, and the order data and General Terms and Conditions are sent to the customer by email. Customers can view all of their previous orders by logging into the customer service pages of the website.
- IO Hawk Invest reserves the right to refuse to perform the service promised if it becomes apparent after concluding the Contract that the goods are not available although a corresponding contractual transaction has been concluded. In such a case, the customer shall be notified immediately. Any considerations which have already been provided shall be reimbursed without delay. Further claims against IO Hawk Invest are excluded.
- The contractual language is German.
- When placing an order in the online store, the customer follows the technical steps as described below in detail:
- Click on “Proceed to Checkout” in the shopping basket displayed on the screen
- Redirection to the general order overview page (Checkout) where the customer is guided through the individual stages of the purchase
- Step 1 Selection of “Invoice and Delivery Address” (if the customer does not have a customer account and is not logged in; otherwise the invoice and delivery addresses are already stored);
- Entry of “Invoice Address”;
- If the invoice address and delivery address differ, there is the option to”Enter a different delivery address” by checking the box
- Step 2 In the next stage, the customer is given an overview “All Items of Your Order” and has the option to change the contents of the basket
- Step 3 Selection of “Method of Payment” (by clicking on the desired payment method)
- Step 4 The customer can choose from“More Options” by checking the relevant boxes (different delivery address, shipping date, use voucher, add a comment/note to the order)
- Completion of order by clicking “Submit”
The customer proceeds to each of the order steps referred to above using the usual functions of the internet browser.
- If the customer is a business (as per § 14 German Civil Code), delivery shall generally take place at the customer’s risk. This also applies for partial deliveries. If the customer is a consumer within the meaning of § 13 German Civil Code, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration IO Hawk Invest of the sold goods shall only pass to the customer upon handover of the item, even in case of sales involving the carriage of goods. Handover shall be deemed to have taken place even if the buyer delays in accepting the goods. Delivery shall be to the delivery address specified by the customer.
- All prices are cash prices and include VAT plus any applicable charges for packaging and carriage.
- Domestic deliveries within Germany are priced at free of shipping. The international shipping charges are available under shipping. Additional customs duties and charges for deliveries to countries outside the EU (third countries) shall be borne by the customer.
- The goods must be thoroughly inspected by the customer or an authorised individual upon receipt in order to detect any transportation damage if the customer is a merchant within the meaning of the German Commercial Code. Customers who are merchants within the meaning of the German Commercial Code must ensure that any transportation and packaging damage detected is confirmed in writing by the carrier upon delivery and reported. We also ask, without legal obligation, that customers who are consumers notify us of any clearly identifiable transportation damage.
3 Statutory right of withdrawal
- Statutory right of withdrawal
If the customer is a consumer (as per § 13 of the German Commercial Code), he/she shall be entitled to withdraw from this Contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason for doing so. The deadline for withdrawal shall be fourteen (14) days from the date on which the customer or a third party appointed by the customer, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the final goods delivered.
In order to exercise the statutory right of withdrawal, the customer must notify us (IOHAWK EUROPE C/o IO Hawk Invest GmbH, Pascalstr. 17, 47506 Neukirchen-Vluyn Germany. Tel: +49 (0) 2845-9815366 , Fax: +49 (0) 2845 9815358, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org of his/her decision to withdraw from this Contract in a clear declaration (e.g. by sending a letter by mail, fax or email). The customer may use the withdrawal form template attached for this purpose; however, this is not obligatory.
The withdrawal deadline shall be deemed to be met if the customer sends the IO Hawk Invest communication concerning the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the deadline.
- Consequences of withdrawal
If the customer withdraws from this Contract, we must reimburse any payments we have received from the customer, including delivery costs (excluding any additional costs incurred if the customer has selected a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery option offered by us) without delay, but no later than fourteen (14) days after the day on which we receive the notice of the customer’s withdrawal from this Contract. We will use the same payment method IO Hawk Invest the customer used for the original transaction in order to provide the reimbursement, unless otherwise expressly agreed; under no circumstances will the customer be charged a fee for this refund. We may withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned goods or until the customer has provided proof that he/she has returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
The customer must return or hand over the goods to us without delay and no later than fourteen (14) days from the date on which he/she notifies us of withdrawal from this Contract. The deadline is deemed to be met if the customer sends the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day deadline.
The customer shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods if this loss in value is attributable to any use or handling of the goods which is not deemed necessary in order to verify the condition, features and functioning of the goods.
Costs for Return Shipments in Case of the Exertion of the Right of Revocation
If the customer exercises his right of revocation he has to bear the regular costs for reshipping, unless the delivered product does not correspond to the ordered product. In all other cases, the seller will bear the costs for reshipping.
- Exclusions from the statutory right of withdrawal
The statutory right of withdrawal shall not apply in the following cases:
- Delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and have been manufactured on the basis of a personal choice or according to customer specifications, or of goods which have clearly been tailored to the customer’s personal requirements.
- Delivery of sealed goods which are not suitable to be returned for reasons relating to health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery.
4 Warranty and compensation
- Defects or any other damage caused by negligent or improper treatment of the goods, improper installation, the use of unsuitable accessories or changes made to the original parts by the customer or a third party not commissioned by IO Hawk Invest are not covered by the warranty.
- Signs of wear and tear from normal use are also excluded from the warranty.
- If the customer accepts the goods or the object of the order despite being aware of a defect, he/she shall only be entitled to assert warranty claims to the extent described below if he/she has expressly reserved the right hereto in writing immediately after receiving the goods.
- Warranty claims on the grounds of transportation damage may only be asserted by the customer if the obligation to inspect and report in accordance with § 2 item 4 has been fulfilled. This does not apply if the customer is a consumer.
- The warranty period for new items shall be 24 months. The period shall commence upon transfer of risk. Conversely, the warranty period for used items shall be 12 months unless IO Hawk Invest is liable without limitation in accordance with § 4 item 7, in particular for detriment to life, body and health. If the customer is a business, the warranty period for new items shall be one year and three months from the transfer of risk, and for used items six months from this date, unless IO Hawk Invest is liable without limitation in accordance with § 4 item 7, in particular for detriment to life, body and health.
- Warranty formalities shall otherwise be carried out in congruence with the legal regulations.
- IO Hawk Invest shall be liable for damage arising from causes other than the detriment to life, body and health only to the extent that such damage arises from wilful misconduct, gross negligence or the culpable violation of a fundamental contractual obligation on the part of IO Hawk Invest or a vicarious agent (e.g. the delivery service) of IO Hawk Invest . Any further liability for damages shall be excluded. The provisions of the German Product Liability Act shall remain unaffected. In the event of a negligent breach of a material contractual obligation, the liability of IO Hawk Invest shall be limited to foreseeable damage.
5 Due date and payment terms
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, invoices from IO Hawk Invest must be paid in full without delay. Payment is to be made in cash in advance. Orders paid in advance will be shipped upon receipt of payment. For payments by credit card, the actual sum shall be debited when the invoice is issued and the goods are shipped.
For deliveries IO Hawk Invest offers the following methods of payment, unless nothing else is indicated in the respective product representation in the offer:
Advance payment via
- a) Instant Bank Transfer
- b) PayPal
- c) Prepayment
- d) Credit Card (the cardholder will be charged following the conclusion of the purchasing process).
We have commissioned a reliable payment service, the Novalnet AG, with the settlement of payments (credit card). For this purpose the Novalnet AG needs certain personal information from you. It is your name and address, account number and sort code or credit card number (including validity period), invoice amount and currency, and the transaction number. Novalnet AG may use this information for the purpose of payment and to provide us with. Novalnet AG is obliged to handle the information in accordance with German data protection laws.
You can pay by bank transfer, PayPal, credit card or part payments. In individual cases, we reserve the right to exclude certain types of payment. Sending cash or checks can and will not be accepted. In case of loss, we exclude any liability unless gross negligence or intent on our part.
In order to safeguard our legitimate interests, in particular when we step (e.g. Purchase Orders) in advance, we get possibly a credit check based on mathematical and statistical methods in the companies listed below. To this end, we will transmit personal data necessary to a credit check on these companies and use the obtained information about the statistical probability of default for a balanced decision on the establishment, implementation or termination of the contract. The credit report can include probability values (score values), which are calculated on the basis of scientifically recognized mathematical and statistical methods and included in their calculation, inter alia, address data. Your concerns will be considered in accordance with the statutory provisions.
Within the framework of what is legally permissible and taking into account their respective legitimate interests takes place for checking creditworthiness replaced where of addresses and credit data with the following companies:
InfoScore Consumer Data GmbH
The InfoScore Consumer Data GmbH refers to their credit information to IO Hawk Invest GmbH credit information based on mathematical and statistical methods using data from the address:
Informa Solution GmbH
Tel .: +49 (0) 6103 – 37896299
For the purpose of credit checking the Bürgel Business Information GmbH & Co. KG, PO Box 500 166, 22701 Hamburg, will give us the address and credit data, including those which are calculated on the basis of mathematical and statistical methods stored in their database about your person available, as far as we have outlined our legitimate interest. “
If you wish to obtain information about the data stored by the companies mentioned above on your person, please call directly to these. The IO Hawk Invest GmbH receives as part of the no credit check detailed information about yourself. Please understand that the IO Hawk Invest GmbH reserves the right to exclude Payment Initial Subsequent orders, depending on the creditworthiness check and ordering height.
7 Retention of title
- If the customer is a merchant within the meaning of IO Hawk Invest the German Commercial Code, the goods supplied shall remain the property of IO Hawk Invest until all of the outstanding claims against the customer, including any existing ancillary receivables, have been paid in full. In case of contracts concluded with consumers, IO Hawk Invest shall reserve the right of retention for the goods until the purchase price has been paid in full.
- The customer shall not be entitled to sell the goods to third parties or to take any other measures which could put the ownership of IO Hawk Invest at risk until the purchase price has been paid in full. The customer hereby assigns to IO Hawk Invest any future claims against the buyer in the amount of the purchase price agreed between IO Hawk Invest and the customer, including interest and ancillary payments. IO Hawk Invest accepts this assignment.
8 Place of fulfilment and place of jurisdiction
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply with the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- The place of fulfilment for all services and products arising from business transactions with IO Hawk Invest shall be Neukirchen Vluyn, Germany, insofar as the customer is a merchant, a legal person governed by public law or a special fund under public law.
- If the customer is a merchant, legal person governed by public law or special fund under public law, Neukirchen-Vluyn shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship with the customer or from these General Terms and Conditions of Business.
9 Closing provision
If any of these provisions cannot be applied for whatever reason, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.